Make the Decision to Quit
- Think about why you want to quit.
- What are your personal reasons for quitting?
- Search for support and resources.
Set a Quit Day and Make a Plan
- Mark your calendar.
- Get rid of tobacco products.
- Stock up on substitutes.
- Decide on tobacco cessation medications.
Deal with Withdrawal
- Avoid temptation.
- Correctly use nicotine replacement medications.
- Change your habits.
- Reward yourself.
Stay Tobacco-free (Maintenance)
- Remember reasons for quitting.
- Recover from slips.
- Be prepared for relapse or difficult situations.