Ambuga Badari, M.D.
Dr. Ambuga Badari is a medical oncologist in Houma at Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center. He received his medical degree from Bangalore Medical College in Bangalore, India, and completed an internal medicine internship and residency at SUNY Buffalo College located in Buffalo, NY. In addition, he completed a hematology fellowship at Suny College, a geriatrics fellowship at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and an oncology fellowship at the University of Arizona.
Dr. Badari is is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in geriatric medicine, hematology and medical oncology. He is also a member of several professional organizations including the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Internship: SUNY Buffalo College (Internal Medicine)
Residency: SUNY Buffalo College (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: SUNY Buffalo College (Hematology)
Fellowship: University of Wisconsin-Madison (Geriatrics)
Fellowship: University of Arizona (Oncology)
- Education Medical School: Bangalore Medical College
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine (Geriatric Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology)
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center (Houma): (985) 876-9045
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.