Daniel J. Bourgeois III, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Daniel Bourgeois is a radiation oncologist in Houma. He practices at Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center, and he is a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group. He is a New Orleans native who graduated from Louisiana State University in 2007 with a bachelor of science in nursing. He then earned his M.D. and M.P.H. from Tulane University School of Medicine in 2012 and completed a general surgery internship at UCLA Harbor Medical Center.
Dr. Bourgeois trained in radiation oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Center in Buffalo, as well as UC Irvine, VA Long Beach, and Long Beach Memorial medical centers in southern California.
Dr. Bourgeois has special interests in and has participated in research treating cancers of the head & neck, central nervous system (CNS) disorders and pediatrics, in addition to specialized training in Gamma Knife SRS and various brachytherapy techniques. He is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician, a certified applier of SpaceOAR and certified by the American Board of Radiology in radiation oncology.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center
Breast & GYN Cancer Pavilion
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Radiation Oncology)
Residency: UC Irvine (Radiation Oncology)
Undergraduate School: Louisiana State University
Nursing School: Louisiana State University School of Nursing
Medical School: Tulane School of Medicine
Internship: University of California, Los Angeles (General Surgery)
- Certifications American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge):
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center (Houma): (985) 876-9045
Breast & GYN Cancer Pavilion: (225) 215-7600
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.