Daniel J. Bourgeois III, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Bourgeois is a New Orleans native who graduated from Louisiana State University in 2007 with a BSN and then earned his MD and MPH from Tulane University School of Medicine in 2012. He then completed a general surgery internship at UCLA Harbor Medical Center. Dr. Bourgeois trained in Radiation Oncology at Roswell Park Cancer Center in Buffalo, NY, as well as UC Irvine, VA Long Beach, and Long Beach Memorial medical centers in southern California. He is a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group. Dr. Bourgeois has special interests in and has participated in research in treating cancers of the head & neck, central nervous system (CNS) disorders and pediatrics, in addition to specialized training in Gamma Knife SRS and various brachytherapy techniques. He is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center - Gonzales
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Radiation Oncology)
Residency: UC Irvine (Radiation Oncology)
Undergraduate School: Louisiana State University
Nursing School: Louisiana State University School of Nursing
Medical School: Tulane School of Medicine
Internship: University of California, Los Angeles (General Surgery)
- Certifications American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology) - Board Eligible
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center (Houma): (985) 876-9045
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center (Gonzales): (225) 644-1205
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.