John M. Lyons III, M.D.
Dr. Lyons is a surgical oncologist practicing in Baton Rouge. Dr. Lyons completed his surgical residency at LSU in New Orleans during the last days of Charity Hospital and furthered his oncology training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He returned to Louisiana to practice general surgical oncology in 2012. He currently chairs the Hepatobiliary/Upper GI Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) as well as the Skin and Soft Tissue MDC at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Surgeons Group of Baton Rouge
- Experience and Training
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Science Center (General Surgery)
Fellowship: Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Surgery (General Surgery)
- General Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.