Ashley C. Mays, M.D.
Dr. Ashley Mays is an otolaryngologist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She received her medical education at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina and completed her otolaryngology residency at Wake Forest University, in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She completed a two-year fellowship in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Total Body Microvascular Reconstruction at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, in Houston, Texas.
Throughout her training, Dr. Mays has made research contributions to head and neck oncology in both the clinical and translational realms. She has been recognized regionally by her peers for her role in cancer patient advocacy, through numerous volunteer and leadership roles. She is looking forward to furthering her research and cancer advocacy efforts in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area.
Dr. Mays sees patients with head and neck cancer, upper aerodigestive tract lesions, and complex reconstructive deficits. She has interests in robotic surgery of the head and neck (TORS), endoscopic skull base surgery and total body microvascular reconstructive surgery.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: Wake Forest Baptist Health (Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery)
Fellowship: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (Total Body Microvascular Reconstruction)
Fellowship: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (Head and Neck Surgical Oncology)
Bachelor of Arts: Wake Forest University (Psychology, Minor in Spanish)
Medical School: Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
- Certifications American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Comprehensive Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.