Daniel Nuss, M.D., FACS
Dr. Daniel W. Nuss, a New Orleans native, completed his medical education at Louisiana State University. After a six-month residency elective in head and neck surgical oncology at M.D. Anderson Hospital, he served a two-year fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh’s Center for Cranial Base Surgery. At LSU, he has been Professor and Chairman of Otolaryngology for 20 years, with a joint appointment as professor in the LSU Department of Neurosurgery. He is a past president of the North American Skull Base Society (2009), and in 2014, he was awarded the inaugural President’s Distinguished Service Award from the NASBS.
Currently, Dr. Nuss’ clinical practice includes management of skull base tumors using traditional approaches as well as minimally invasive and stereotactic techniques, and he has a special interest in reconstructive problems of the craniofacial region and skull base. He has to his credit more than 100 scientific publications and has given over 200 scientific presentations on five continents. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American College of Surgeons, and American Head and Neck Society, and has served as a Senior Examiner for the American Board of Otolaryngology. Dr. Nuss currently serves as Chairman of the Head & Neck Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
In his spare time, Nuss plays lead guitar for a New Orleans-based rock-n-roll band, whose activities include fundraising for local schools, churches, cancer patients, cancer research and other worthy causes.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Our Lady of the Lake Head and Neck Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: Charity Hospital of Louisiana (General Surgery), University of Texas Medical Center/ M.D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute (Surgical Oncology of the Head and Neck)
Fellowship: Louisiana State University Medical Center (Otolaryngology of the Head and Neck), University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (Surgery of the Cranial Base)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Otolaryngology (Otolaryngology)
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.