Suchit Patel, M.D., PhD
Dr. Suchit Patel is a radiation oncologist in Baton Rouge, Hammond, and Covington and is a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group. He obtained his medical degree at Cornell Medical College, along with a PhD in Neuroscience from The Rockefeller University, as part of the Tri-Institutional MD-PhD Program. In addition, Dr. Patel completed his residency training at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City where he served as chief resident.
Dr. Patel has been the principal investigator and recipient of numerous awards and grants from the Department of Defense, Radiological Society of North America, and The Lymphoma Foundation. He has authored original, peer-reviewed publications in national academic journals, along with numerous book chapters, presentations, posters and abstracts at national and international meetings.
Dr. Patel currently serves on the lung, colorectal and hepatobiliary multidisciplinary care teams (MDC).
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Hammond
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Covington
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training Residency: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (Radiation Oncology)
Medical School: Weill Cornell Medical College, New York
PhD: The Rockefeller University, New York (Neuroscience)
- Certifications Board Eligible - Radiation Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.