Chad Prather, M.D.
The only fellowship-trained dermatologist in his hometown of Baton Rouge, Dr. Chad Prather specializes in skin cancer treatment and aesthetic dermatology. Dr. Prather received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine and served as Chief Resident in the LSU Department of Dermatology.
Dr. Prather is the author of numerous scientific papers and textbook chapters on topics including: skin cancer, botulinum toxins, facial fillers, chemical peels, laser therapies and dermabrasion.
Dr. Prather’s professional credentials and affiliations include:
- Board-certification by the American Board of Dermatology
- Clinical Assistant Professor and Former Surgical Director in the LSU Department of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member and Past Board Member
- Louisiana State Medical Society Board of Governors, Member and Past Board Member
- Louisiana Dermatology Society, Past President
Dr. Prather pursued advanced fellowship training in Mohs surgery in Birmingham, Alabama at one of the most respected skin cancer and cosmetic dermatology practices in the country. Since founding Dermasurgery Center, he has performed more than 12,000 procedures.
Dr. Prather currently serves on the Skin & Soft Tissue Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (Dermatology)
Fellowship: American Academy of Dermatology (Mohs surgery)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Dermatology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.