Kevin Reed, M.D.
Dr. Kevin Reed is the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs in Baton Rouge for the LSU School of Medicine and an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine. He received his B.S. in Zoology from Louisiana State University, and his M.D. from the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans. Dr. Reed completed an Internal Medicine residency, a chief residency, and a Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at LSU in New Orleans. His clinical activities include supervising LSU Pulmonary and Critical Care teams at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center and Baton Rouge General Hospital. His areas of professional interest include reactive airways diseases, shock and diseases of the pleura. Dr. Reed has been recognized during his residency, fellowship, and tenure as faculty as being an outstanding educator. Dr. Reed is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
Dr. Reed currently serves on the Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
LSU Health Sciences Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: LSU in New Orleans (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: LSU in New Orleans (Pulmonary and Critical Care)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease)
- Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.