John Simmons, M.D.
Dr. John Simmons is a pathologist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He received his medical degree from University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine. Dr. Simmons currently serves on the Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) and Skin & Soft Tissue MDC at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Pathology Group of Louisiana
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Tennessee Medical Center (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology)
Fellowship: University of Texas Medical Branch (Dermatopathology)
Medical School: University of Arkansas
Graduate School: MBA, University of Tennessee
- Certifications American Board of Pathology (Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Dermatopathology)
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.