Justin Sowder, M.D.
Dr. Justin Sowder is an otolaryngologist at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. He received his medical degree from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, Arkansas and completed his otolaryngology residency at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah. He then completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.
During his training, Dr. Sowder has made research contributions in the form of multiple journal articles and book chapters regarding both head and neck oncology and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. His clinical interests include skin cancer reconstruction, functional and aesthetic rhinoplasty, surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation, microtia reconstruction, and facial trauma.
Dr. Sowder currently serves on the head and neck and skin and soft tissue multidisciplinary care teams (MDC).
Dr. Sowder is an avid outdoorsman who enjoys fishing, golfing, skiing, and watching football. Most importantly, he cherishes spending time with his family. He makes the move to Baton Rouge with his wife, who is also a physician, his son, and their two loyal dogs.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Our Lady of the Lake Head and Neck Center
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Fellowship: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
Undergraduate: University of Arkansas
Medical School: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
American Board of Otolaryngology
Board Eligible: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.