Larissa Sweeny, M.D.
A native of Florida, Dr. Sweeny received her medical education at Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC and her otolaryngology residency training at the University of Alabama at Birmingham in Birmingham, AL. In addition, she completed an NIH research fellowship in head and neck oncology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She recently completed a fellowship in advanced head and neck surgical oncology and microvascular reconstruction at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Sweeny has authored publications on basic science and translational projects related to head and neck oncology and imaging as well as a variety of clinical projects including complications and surgical management following laryngectomy, salvage surgery for oropharyngeal malignancies, metastatic cutaneous malignancies to the parotid, and microvascular reconstruction.
Dr. Sweeny is available to see patients with head and neck cancer, thyroid and parathyroid disease, and salivary gland pathology. She has a special interest in transoral robotic surgery (TORS) and microvascular reconstruction.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Alabama at Birmingham in Birmingham, AL (Otolaryngology)
Fellowship: Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Advanced Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Microvascular Reconstruction)
- Education Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC
- Certifications American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Comprehensive Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.