Donald W. Hill, M.D., FACP
Dr. Donald W. Hill is a medical oncologist in Houma at Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center. He received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School in Houston and completed his internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of New Mexico Medical Center. In addition, he completed his medical oncology and hematology fellowship at the University of New Mexico Medical Center.
Dr. Hill is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and has received a sub-specialty in medical oncology. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Arizona Clinical Oncology Society. In 2008, he won America’s Top Oncologist Award from the Consumer Research Council of America. In 2011, he won America’s Most Compassionate Doctor Award.
Dr. Hill has spoken at multiple conventions nationally and internationally on topics such as clinical trials, multi-specialty medical clinics and lung cancer treatment.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of New Mexico Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: University of New Mexico Medical Center (Medical Oncology, Hematology)
Undergradute: Trinity University, San Antonio (Biology)
Medical School: University of Texas Medical School at Houston Texas Medical Center
Internship: University of New Mexico Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology,Internal Medicine)
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center (Houma): (985) 876-9045
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.