Paul Joseph Waguespack, M.D.
Dr. Waguespack graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame in Indiana with a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering before pursuing medicine at Tulane University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Louisiana. Dr. Waguespack completed his internship and neurosurgery residency at Tulane, and even served as Clinical Assistant Professor for the Department of Neurosurgery shortly after finishing a fellowship in neurosurgery at Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Waguespack joined The NeuroMedical Center in 2003, and is actively engaged in clinical research. He works closely alongside neurologist Dr. Gerald Calegan to advance research in Deep Brain Stimulation. In fact, the pair help developed Baton Rouge’s first Deep Brain Stimulation center to treat patients with Parkinson’s Disease, essential tremor and dystonia.
Dr. Waguespack is an active member of several professional organizations including the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and is also a sitting member of the Louisiana State Medical Society’s Board of Governors. Dr. Waguespack also lends his expertise to the VA Medical Center in New Orleans as a consultant staff neurosurgeon.
Dr. Waguespack is board certified in neurological surgery.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
The NeuroMedical Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine
Fellowship: Tennessee-Memphis Neurosurgery, Brigham & Women’s Hospital Nuclear Medicine
Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine
Internship: Tulane University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.