EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Ph.D., Medical Physics, 2019
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
B.S., Physics, 2010
Southeastern University, Hammond, La
Academic Medical Physicist, 2021-present
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, Baton Rouge, LA
Dr. Schneider is board certified in Therapeutic Medical Physics by the American Board of Radiology. In addition to his clinical responsibilities, he conducts original research and serves as an adjunct assistant professor of physics at LSU. His recent research has focused on characterizing the stray radiation dose to healthy tissues in radiotherapy patients through Monte Carlo simulations, measurements, and analytical models. In addition to this, his current research interests include methods of predicting and reducing radiation induced side effects and the emerging field of adaptive radiation therapy.
- Wilson, L. J., Newhauser, W. D., Schneider, C. W., …, Parodi, K. (2020). Method to quickly and accurately calculate absorbed dose from therapeutic and stray photon exposures throughout the entire body in individual patients. Med Phys. 47(5), 2254–2266.
- Schneider, C. W., Newhauser, W. D., Wilson, L. J., & Kapsch, R. (2019). A physics-based analytical model of absorbed dose from primary, leakage, and scattered photons from megavoltage radiotherapy with MLCs. Phys Med Biol. 64, 185017. doi:10.1088/1361-6560/ab303a.
- Newhauser, W. D., Schneider, C., Wilson, L., Shrestha, S., & Donahue, W. (2018). A Review of Analytical Models of Stray Radiation Exposures from Photon- and Proton-Beam Radiotherapies. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 180(1-4), 245-251. doi:10.1093/rpd/ncx245.
- Schneider, C., Newhauser, W. D., Wilson, L. J., Schneider, U., Kaderka, R., Miljanic, S., … Harrison, R. M. (2017). A descriptive and broadly applicable model of therapeutic and stray absorbed dose from 6 to 25 MV photon beams. Med Phys. 44(7), 3805-3814. doi:10.1002/mp.12286.
- Schneider, C. W., Newhauser, W., & Farah, J. (2015). An analytical model of leakage neutron equivalent dose for passively-scattered proton radiotherapy and validation with measurements. Cancers. 7(2), 795-810. doi:10.3390/cancers7020795.
- Eley, J., Newhauser, W., Homann, K., Howell, R., Schneider, C., Durante, M., & Bert, C. (2015). Implementation of an analytical model for leakage neutron equivalent dose in a proton radiotherapy planning system. Cancers. 7(1), 427-438. doi:10.3390/cancers7010427.