Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center is committed to helping keep our patients and community safe and healthy.
Keeping in mind the best interest and health of you and your loved ones, each patient will be allowed one guest or family member to accompany them into the Cancer Center for doctor visits. Face masks and screenings will be required as you enter the facility are still mandatory. At this time, in order to protect everyone, visitors cannot accompany patients into any treatment areas. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Please contact us with any questions.
We ask that you please contact your physician before travelling to any of our facilities if any of the following applies to you:
- Showing symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever greater than 100.4º F/38º C, cough or shortness of breath.
- Have been tested for COVID-19.
- Had contact with someone who has been ill with a respiratory virus.
Please contact your physician and notify them if any of these items pertain to you.
Looking for a way to safely help out during this time? You can donate homemade cloth masks for our patients to use during their visit. Simply drop-off donations to any of our centers during regular business hours.
Cloth Mask Tutorial
Video appointments now available!
The Cancer Center is now offering secure video visits. Appointments with your doctor for consultations or follow-ups are now available (depending on provider availability), making it easier and more convenient for you and your loved ones to access personalized care. Online appointments allow you to receive the same quality care as you do in person.
Click here for more information on video appointments with your radiation oncologist.
Medical Oncology (Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center, Baton Rouge)
Already an existing patient? You can schedule using ololrmc.com/mychart.
You can also contact your doctor’s office to set up a video appointment (pending provider’s availability):
Click here for more information on video visits via MyChart. You can also access additional resources below:
COVID-19 UPDATE FROM TODD STEVENS
COVID-19 UPDATE FROM DR. WOOD
To protect our patients who are uniquely vulnerable to COVID – 19, we are implementing precautions including:
- Making changes to our workforce. Employees whose presence on campus is not deemed essential are working remotely, as determined by managers.
- Limiting work meetings and social gatherings. Campus events intended for large audiences are canceled or postponed.
- Canceling all business travel, domestic and international. The organization will monitor closely and re-evaluate whether an extension is needed.
- Canceling all volunteer shifts. All volunteer shifts are canceled until further notice.
Mary Bird Perkins is working closely with federal, state, and local health officials along with our hospital partners to align with their rules and restrictions to ensure every necessary step is taken to protect the health of our patients, visitors and team members.
Please remember the most important things that you can do today to impact your health and the health of your love ones is to wash your hands and cover your cough. Respiratory viruses are spread through coughing and sneezing near others and by picking up germs on surfaces and touching our eyes, nose and mouth.