Ray “Scott” Daugherty, Jr., M.D., FACS
Dr. Scott Daugherty is a board certified colon and rectal surgeon with Baton Rouge Colon and Rectal Associates. He previously worked at West Cancer Center/University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center in Memphis where he served as a clinical instructor in the surgical oncology department. He obtained his bachelor degree from Loyola University New Orleans, followed by his M.D. from LSU New Orleans. He stayed at LSU New Orleans to complete his general surgery residency. Dr. Daugherty then went on to complete his colorectal fellowship at LSU Shreveport. Dr. Daugherty is board certified in general surgery by the American Board of Surgery and in colorectal surgery by the American Board of Colorectal Surgery. Dr. Daugherty currently serves on the Colorectal Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center and has a special interest in treating colon, rectal and anal cancers.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Baton Rouge Colon and Rectal Associates
- Experience and Training
Residency: LSU New Orleans (General Surgery)
Fellowship: LSU Shreveport (Colon and Rectal Surgery)
Undergraduate Degree: Loyola New Orleans
Medical School: LSU New Orleans
American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
American Board of Surgery (General Surgery)
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.