Andrew Elson, M.D.
Dr. Andrew Elson is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, IN. He earned a Medical Doctorate from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine in Iowa City, IA and completed a preliminary year internal medicine residency at Tulane University Hospitals and Clinics in New Orleans and a radiation oncology residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI. Dr. Elson has also completed research fellowships at the University of Iowa Department of Radiology in Iowa City, IA and at the Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of South Dakota School of Medicine in Vermillion, SD. He is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician, a certified applier of SpaceOAR and a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Covington
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Hammond
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Radiation Oncology Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin Internal Medicine
Residency: Tulane University
- Education Medical School: University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center (Covington): (985) 875-2234
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center (Hammond): (985) 542-5000
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.