Kellie D. Schmeeckle, M.D.
Dr. Schmeeckle received her undergraduate degree in biological sciences from Louisiana Tech University where she was named a Presidential Scholar and graduated magna cum laude. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State University in New Orleans, LA where she also completed her internship and residency in Internal Medicine. Dr. Schmeeckle was then granted a fellowship in Hematology and Oncology, which she completed at Tulane University.
Dr. Schmeeckle currently serves on the Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Louisiana Hematology Oncology Associates
Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Tulane University Medical Center
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology)
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.