Bryan J. Bienvenu, M.D.
Dr. Bienvenu received his Medical Degree from Louisiana State University Medical School in New Orleans, Louisiana. Dr. Bienvenu attended undergraduate school at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where he completed his coursework in three years, being named a General College Distinguished Scholar. He completed his internship and residency at Earl K. Long Medical Center in Baton Rouge where he earned the Lange Medical Publications Award. He chose to continue his training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, New York, with a Medical Oncology Fellowship. At Memorial Sloan Kettering he focused on the clinical development of new therapeutic agents in Phase I and early Phase II clinical trials. Dr. Bienvenu has been chosen as one of the “Best Doctors” in America.
Dr. Bienvenu serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Louisiana State University. He continues to be an active clinical investigator. Dr. Bienvenu also serves on the Head & Neck Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
Dr. Bienvenu is married and has two daughters which occupy much of his spare time. He enjoys cycling, scuba diving and deep sea fishing.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Louisiana Hematology Oncology Associates
Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (Medical Oncology)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine (Medical Oncology)
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.