Charles Bowie, M.D.
Dr. Charles Bowie is a native of Eunice, Louisiana. He majored in Biological Sciences at Louisiana State University and received his medical degree from the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport. Dr. Bowie completed both his general surgery internship and neurosurgery residency at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital. Before returning home to practice in South Louisiana, Dr. Bowie underwent fellowship training in Endovascular Neurosurgery/Neuro Interventional Radiology. He specializes in: Minimally invasive spine surgery, cerebral vascular conditions, stroke, cranial and spinal tumors, degenerative disorders of the spine.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
The Neuromedical Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital (Neurosurgery)
Fellowship: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital (Endovascular Neurosurgery/ Neurointerventional Radiology)
Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Shreveport
Internship: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital (General Surgery)
- Certifications American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.