Luke Corsten, M.D.
Dr. Corsten received his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin where he graduated cum laude. Dr. Corsten completed his surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the University of Illinois in Chicago.
In 2016, Dr. Corsten’s neurosurgical experience, forward thinking, and ongoing commitment to delivering the highest quality of care earned him membership into the prestigious International Association of HealthCare Professionals. Named one of the world’s top doctors, Dr. Corsten is published in “The Leading Physicians of the World.”
Dr. Corsten received board certification in neurological surgery from the American Board of Neurological Surgery and maintains professional membership with the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. In 2007, he was honored as Baton Rouge’s Top Neurosurgeon and Top Doc of America in 2008.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
The NeuroMedical Center
- Experience and Training Residency: University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- Education Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Certifications American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.