Robert S. Fields, M.D.
Dr. Robert Fields is a radiation oncologist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group. He received his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College and has been in practice for more than 40 years. Dr. Fields currently serves on the Head & Neck Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center and is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Medical Center of Delaware, M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
Fellowship: The University of Texas/ M. D. Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute
Medical School: Thomas Jefferson University
Internship: Medical Center of Delaware
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
- Internal Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.