Allen S. Joseph, M.D.
Dr. Joseph is a South Louisiana native, born and raised in New Orleans. He graduated as a Presidential Scholar from Louisiana State University and received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Joseph completed his surgical and neurosurgical residencies at Baylor-affiliated hospitals in the Houston area before undergoing pediatric neurosurgical fellowship training at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada.
Dr. Joseph served as a Colonel in the U.S. Army Medical Corps on active duty from 1979-1983 and was activated for Operation Desert Storm from 1990-1991. He is a two-time recipient of the Army Medal of Commendation.
Dr. Joseph received a lifetime certification in neurological surgery in 1981. Prior to joining The NeuroMedical Center in 1983, Dr. Joseph also served as Chief of Neurosurgical Service at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma, Washington from 1979-1981, and Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington D.C from 1981 to 1983.
Dr. Joseph remains very active in several professional national organizations including the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Pediatric Section of The Cushing’s Society.
Dr. Joseph is board certified in neurological surgery.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
The NeuroMedical Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: Baylor College of Medicine
Fellowship: The Hospital for Sick Children
Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine
Internship: Ben Taub Hospital
- Certifications American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.