Maurice L. King Jr., M.D.
Maurice Leon King, Jr., M.D. serves as the Chief of Radiation and Oncology at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. Dr. King serves as Medical Director of the Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group, an Assistant Clinical Professor in Radiology and Medicine at LSU at Earl K. Long Hospital and an Adjunct Professor with the LSU Department of Physics and Astronomy’s medical physics program. Dr. King serves as a director at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. He is also a member of the Head & Neck and Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) and is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Gonzales
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of California (Radiation Oncology)
Fellowship: University of California (Hyperthermic Biology)
Medical School: Rutgers University
Internship: St. Peter’s Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Certifications American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center at St. Elizabeth Hospital (Gonzales): (225) 644-1205
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.