Eric K. Oberlander, M.D.
Dr. Oberlander graduated from Virginia Tech with degrees in Engineering, French and Chemistry. He was one of the first American engineering students to study at the prestigious Ecole des Ponts et Chaussees in Paris, France. He received his medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University and continued his training at the Medical College of Virginia, where he completed his Neurosurgical residency, and fellowship in complex and minimally invasive spinal surgery. Dr. Oberlander also served his country as a Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve from 2003-2012.
Dr. Oberlander joined The NeuroMedical Center in 2008 and served as The Spine Hospital of Louisiana’s elected Chief of Staff from 2012-2014. He is currently the team neurosurgeon for the LSU Athletic Department and has an active interest in concussion prevention and research. He also has a strong interest in the design of medical implants and provides consulting to several manufacturers. Dr. Oberlander serves on the Marrucci Sports Medical Advisory Board and is a member of multiple professional organizations. He has been awarded the Vitals Patient Choice Award as well as the Compassionate Doctor Recognition Award every year since 2011. In 2014 he was awarded the Vitals Top Ten Doctor Award.
Dr. Oberlander is board certified in neurological surgery.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
The NeuroMedical Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: Medical College of Virginia
Fellowship: Medical College of Virginia
Medical School: Medical College of Virginia
Internship: Medical College of Virginia
- Certifications American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.