Jeffrey F. Rau, M.D., FACS
Dr. Jeffrey F. Rau is a plastic surgeon in Houma at Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center. He received his medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans. In addition, he completed his plastic surgery fellowship at UT Chattanooga.
Dr. Rau is a member of the American College of Surgeons, American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He won multiple awards and honors throughout his time in medical school, such as the E. Edward McCool Jr. Award which is given to a senior medical student who best demonstrates the assets deemed central to the discipline of surgery.
Dr. Rau’s hobbies include carpentry, golf, playing piano, running, hunting and fishing.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center
- Experience and Training
Residency: LSU School of Medicine (General Surgery)
Fellowship: UT Chattanooga (Plastic Surgery)
Undergraduate: Nicholls State University, Thibodaux (Biology)
Medical School: Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans
- Certifications American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Facial Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins TGMC Cancer Center (Houma): (985) 876-9045
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.