Kelly Scrantz, M.D.
Dr. Scrantz is a native of South Louisiana. He received his undergraduate degree in microbiology from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, graduating magna cum laude. Dr. Scrantz earned his medical degree from LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans before completing his general surgery internship and neurosurgery residency at The University of Tennessee Medical Center in Memphis. Dr. Scrantz continued his neurosurgical training by completing fellowships in minimally invasive and complex spinal surgery, as well as complex skull-based brain tumors. Dr. Scrantz is a highly respected instructor in these areas of neurosurgical specialization.
Dr. Scrantz joined The NeuroMedical Center in 2006 and currently serves as the President and Chairman of the Board of Directors. He has been named as one of Louisiana’s Top Neurosurgeons every year since 2007 and is actively involved in many professional organizations including the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the American Medical Student Association and the Louisiana Neurosurgical Society.
Dr. Scrantz is board certified in neurological surgery.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
The NeuroMedical Center
- Experience and Training Residency: University of Tennessee Medical Center
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Certifications American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.