Jingya Wang, M.D.
Dr. Jingya Wang is a radiation oncologist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group. She graduated summa cum laude from Yale University, and received her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She completed her radiation oncology residency at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, where she received the RSNA Resident Research Award. She has been in practice more than 5 years. Dr. Wang currently serves on the Head & Neck, Hepatobiliary/Upper GI, Lung, Breast, Colorectal, and Skin & Soft Tissue Multidisciplinary Care Teams (MDC). She also participates in the Sarcoma Subgroup and Mesothelioma Specialty Team at Mary Bird Perkins-Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. Dr. Wang is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician. She enjoys football and spending time with her identical twin girls.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Hammond
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training Residency: The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Radiation Oncology
Medical School: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Undergraduate: Yale University (BA, Biology)
- Certifications American Board of Radiology
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center (Hammond): (985) 542-5000
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.