Charles G. Wood, M.D.
Dr. Wood graduated from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine at Shreveport in 2002. He works in Baton Rouge, LA and specializes in Radiation Oncology. Dr. Wood currently serves on the Head & Neck and Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. In addition, Dr. Wood is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician and was the first radiation oncologist to be a certified applier of SpaceOAR in Louisiana.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Pennsylvania (Radiation Oncology)
Fellowship: Seattle Prostate Institute (Prostate Brachytherapy Medical Oncology)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.