Charles G. Wood, M.D.
Dr. Charles Wood graduated from the Louisiana State University School of Medicine at Shreveport in 2002. He is a radiation oncologist in Baton Rouge, LA and a member of Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group. Dr. Wood currently serves on the Head & Neck and Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. In addition, Dr. Wood is a credentialed Gamma Knife Icon (GKI) physician and was the first radiation oncologist to be a certified applier of SpaceOAR in Louisiana.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins - Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Southeast Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Pennsylvania (Radiation Oncology)
Fellowship: Seattle Prostate Institute (Prostate Brachytherapy Medical Oncology)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Certifications American Board of Radiology (Radiation Oncology)
- Radiation Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.