Lauren A. Zatarain, M.D.
Dr. Lauren Zatarain is a medical oncologist at Medical Oncology, LLC. in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She received her undergraduate degrees in Biological Sciences and Spanish from Louisiana State University. She was awarded Sophomore Honors Distinction in the Honors College. She received her medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans and has been in practice more than 9 years. She completed her internal medicine residency and served as chief resident at Louisiana State University – Earl K. Long Hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Dr. Zatarain accepted a fellowship in Hematology and Oncology and served as chief fellow at Vanderbilt University. She currently serves as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Baton Rouge. She is an active clinical trial investigator and supporter of the Survivorship program at Mary Bird Perkins-Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. Dr. Zatarain currently serves on the Breast, Colorectal, and Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. She is married to a Cajun LSU Tigers fan and loves spending time with her 2 beautiful children.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Medical Oncology, LLC
Our Lady of the Lake Physician Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Baton Rouge (Internal Medicine)
Fellowship: Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Hematology/Oncology)
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans
- Certifications American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine, Hematology, Medical Oncology)
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.