FOR OUR EVENTS
Play an active role in planning and executing one of our signature events or be a day-of volunteer. All talents, interests and time availabilities are welcome to serve on a fundraising committee for one of our signature events or host your own event to raise awareness and funds to support the fight against cancer.
AT THE CANCER CENTER
Join us as a volunteer and assist with guest services, clerical support or provide that caring and compassionate “personal touch” for our patients. The services volunteers provide are an important part of what makes the patient experience so unique and meaningful at all of our cancer center locations.
LOUIS D. CURET VOLUNTEER FUNDRAISER AWARD
With a devotion to engaging volunteers for major fundraising projects, as well as a commitment to the advancement of philanthropy in support of the Cancer Center, Mr. Curet was honored for his many efforts by the board of directors when they established and presented this award to him in 2009. Each year this award is presented to an individual, organization or foundation that has launched a significant philanthropic effort in support of the Cancer Center.
- 2018 – The Lane Family
- 2017 – Blanchard E. Sanchez, Jr.
- 2016 – Merrill Lynch
- 2015 – Thomas J. Moran (posthumous)
- 2014 – St. Joseph’s Academy and St. Michael the Archangel High School
- 2013 – Karnival Krewe de Louisiane
- 2012 – Rubicon, LLC
- 2011 – Gail and Bill O’Quin
- 2010 – Greg and Ashley Stringfellow
- 2009 – Louis D. Curet
D. JENSEN HOLLIDAY MEMORIAL AWARD
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center’s board of directors established this award as an expression of gratitude for the significant contributions Mr. Holliday made to the organization as a board member for 10 years, including the two years he served as chairman (1998 – 2000) prior to his death from cancer. The annual recipient of this award is one who best reflects his vision and dedication to the greater good of the community while making a sustained and measureable difference in the fight against cancer.
- 2018 – Sheila Moore, MD
- 2017 – Ashley Walker Ferguson
- 2016 – Janet and Bob Leslie
- 2015 – Kim and Trey Bowman
- 2014 – Jana Poche’
- 2013 – Jo Paula Lantier
- 2012 – Maurine LaCour
- 2011 – David Leader
- 2010 – Gloria Graham
- 2009 – Louis D. Curet
- 2008 – Warren E. Buckley
- 2007 – Julia Bradford Moore
- 2006 – John McNulty, M.D.
- 2005 – Hillar C. Moore, Jr.
- 2004 – Mary Jane Howell
ANNA B. LIPSEY MEMORIAL VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD
In the late 1960s, Mrs. Lipsey helped organize 16 community leaders who founded what was to become Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center and established its mission to provide the highest quality and compassionate radiation care. She also served as secretary-treasurer of the board of directors from 1968 until shortly before her death in 1985. This award is presented each year to honor a Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center volunteer who best exemplifies the volunteer spirit and dedication to helping others for which Anna B. Lipsey was known.
- 2019 – Barbara Barriner
- 2018 – Jean Wilcox
- 2017 – Bob and Bev Jones
- 2016 – Bob Evans
- 2015 – Evelyn Traylor Gautreau
- 2014 – Kay Deumite
- 2013 – Jack Stokeld
- 2012 – Trudy LeBoeuf
- 2011 – Judy and Robert Cancienne
- 2010 – Chuck Stanton and Lou Fitzmorris
- 2009 – Connie Planche
- 2008– Ed Burke
- 2007 – Jack Carmena
- 2006 – Guy Jenkins
- 2005 – Marie Bruns
- 2004 – Tom Harris
- 2003 – David Leader
- 2002 – Helen Badeaux and Sybil Metrailer
- 2001 – Claudia Hebert
- 2000 – Mary Wade and Margaret Biggio
- 1999 – Hillar Moore
- 1998 – Leo Hataway
- 1997 – Amy Slowey, Sue Edrington and Jean Beskin
- 1996 – Marion Amedee
- 1995 – Melva Burgess
- 1994 – Mary Johnston and Fabien Daigle
- 1993 – Betty Gold
- 1992 – Annette Federbusch
- 1991 – Dot Terito
- 1990 – Neila Eckler
- 1989 – Bonnie and Roy Fugler
- 1988 – Lucile Munson
- 1987 – Buford Hebert and Virgil Watson
- 1986 – Betty Perrin
HILLAR C. MOORE, JR. OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD
Because of Mr. Moore’s unwavering dedication and sense of responsibility for Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center and his outstanding leadership efforts, the board of directors established and presented this award to him in 2009 to honor and recognize his extraordinary service. Each year, this award goes to an individual who likewise has made a significant and unique service contribution to the Cancer Center’s philanthropic initiatives.
- 2018 – Gerald “Jerry” T. Goss
- 2017 – J.H. “Jay” Campbell, Jr.
- 2016 – Sheldon A. Johnson, M.D.
- 2015 – James R. McIlwain
- 2014 – Bill Peters
- 2013 – Donna Saurage
- 2012 – Dudley Coates
- 2011 – Lee Griffin
- 2010 – Richard and Susan Lipsey
- 2009 – Hillar C. Moore, Jr.