MONROE, La. – Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center’s Prevention on the Go program, in partnership with the Louisiana Department of Health, will host free colorectal cancer screenings in communities across Northeast Louisiana over the coming days. Early detection is key when it comes to cancer diagnosis and treatment, so residents are encouraged to come out and take advantage of these free cancer screening opportunities.
Appointments are required. Please call (318) 414-9758 to make an appointment.
- June 22 | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Baskin Town Hall, 1325 Highway 15 in Baskin
- June 22 | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Gilbert Community Center, 1571 Hannah Street in Gilbert
- June 22 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wisner Town Hall, 9530 Natchez Street in Wisner
- June 23 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- West Ouachita Senior Center, 1800 N. 7th Street in West Monroe
- June 28 | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Burg Jones Community Center, 2601 Burg Jones Lane in Monroe
- June 28 | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Foster Heights Community Center, 800 Swayze Street in Monroe
- June 28 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Claiborne Community Center, 200 Claiborne Creek Drive in West Monroe
- June 28 | 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- South Pointe Community Center, 100 South Pointe Avenue in Monroe
- June 29 | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Chauvin Pointe Community Center, 325 Chauvin Pointe Drive in Monroe
- June 29 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Frances Tower Community Center, 300 Harrison Street in Monroe
- June 29 | 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- McKeen Plaza Community Center, 1500 McKeen Plaza in Monroe
At all colorectal cancer screening appointments, take-home screening kits will be distributed to men and women who have not been screened for colorectal cancer in the past 12 months. This does not replace a medical examination or other screening procedures.
Learn more about Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center and find other screening opportunities near you by visiting marybird.org/events.
About Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center is a regional cancer care organization that has been fighting cancer for more than 50 years. The cancer care organization provides care at eight centers in Baton Rouge, Covington, Hammond, Houma, Gonzales, and Natchez, Mississippi, and its service area encompasses southeast Louisiana and southwest Mississippi regions. Mary Bird Perkins has a strategic partnership with OneOncology and the largest radiation and medical oncology groups from across the area including exclusive partnerships with Southeastern Louisiana Radiation Oncology Group, which provides radiation therapy throughout Mary Bird Perkins’ service areas, Northshore Oncology Associates, serving St. Tammany and Washington Parishes, specifically the communities of Covington and Slidell and Louisiana Hematology Oncology Associates, which services the Greater Baton Rouge area. For more information, please visit www.marybird.org.