(Monroe, La.) – Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, in partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation, is providing free, convenient access to colorectal cancer screening kits during the month of July. Discovering cancers in their earliest stage through screenings can help lead to better outcomes, making it extremely important for the community to get screened for appropriate cancers.
Following is the distribution schedule:
- Friday, July 9, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., General Trass High School, 700 Martin Luther King Drive, Lake Providence, LA 71254. This screening is in conjunction with a health clinic provided by the Delta Regional Authority
- Monday, July 12, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., General Trass High School, 700 Martin Luther King Drive, Lake Providence, LA 71254. This screening is in conjunction with a health clinic provided by the Delta Regional Authority
- Wednesday, July 14, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., Emily P. Robinson Community Center, 3504 Jackson St., Monroe, LA 71202
- Friday, July 16, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Perkins Family Pharmacy, 316 Davenport Ave., Mer Rouge, LA 71261
- Tuesday, July 20, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Britt’s Pharmacy, 102 N. Main St., Newellton, LA 71357
- Wednesday, July 28, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., K & S Drugs, 802 Adams St., Winnsboro, LA 71295
- Saturday, July 31, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Ferriday High School, 801 EE Wallace Blvd., Ferriday, LA 71334
All colorectal screening kits are available to those who have not been screened in the past 12 months. To reserve your screening kit, please call (318) 414-9758.
During COVID-19, the Cancer Center has taken steps to ensure the safety of both participants and staff. A number of practices are in place to ensure the safety of everyone, such as increased frequency of our cleaning and disinfecting practices for high-touch areas and appointments for all screenings to ensure social distancing.
To learn more about the precautions the Cancer Center is taking or to learn more about our community screening program, please visit marybird.org/services/get-screened.
About Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center is a regional cancer care organization that has been fighting cancer for almost 50 years. The cancer care organization provides care at nine centers in Baton Rouge, Covington, Hammond, Houma, Gonzales, Zachary and Natchez, Mississippi, and its service area encompasses southeast Louisiana and southwest Mississippi regions. For more information, please visit www.marybird.org.
About Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation works each day to improve the health and lives of Louisianians by empowering everyday people to do extraordinary good. By building and funding coalitions of friends, families and neighbors, the Foundation hopes to build a healthier Louisiana, particularly for its children. The Foundation is funded solely by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, but is a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity. For more information, visit bcbslafoundation.org.