EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Residency, Diagnostic Imaging Physics, 2022
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
Ph.D., Medical Physics, 2020
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
B.S., Physics / Mathematical Sciences, 2014
University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
American Board of Magnetic Resonance Safety (ABMRS), 2021
Magnetic Resonance Safety Expert (MRSE)
Certification in progress: American Board of Radiology (ABR)
Diagnostic Medical Physics
Diagnostic Imaging Medical Physicist, 2022-present
Department of Physics
Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, Baton Rouge, LA
- Kirby, K., Schueler, B., Littrell, L., Long, Z. “Workload data for a modern digital radiography practice.” Under review.
- Kirby, KM, Ren, L, Daly, TR, et al. Impact of flexible noise control (FNC) image processing parameters on portable chest radiography. J Appl Clin Med Phys. 2022; e13812. https://doi.org/10.1002/acm2.13812
- Kirby, KM, Koons, EK, Welker, KM, Fagan, AJ. Minimizing MR image geometric distortion at 7 Tesla for frameless presurgical planning using skin-adhered fiducials. Med. Phys. 2022; 00- 00. https://doi.org/10.1002/mp.16035
- Kirby, KM, Pillai, S, Brouillette, RM, Keller, J. N., De Vito, A. N., Bernstein, J. P., . . . Carmichael, O. T. (2021). Neuroimaging, Behavioral, and Gait Correlates of Fall Profile in Older Adults. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 13(51). doi:10.3389/fnagi.2021.630049. 2021.
- Apolzan, J. W., Carmichael, O. T., Fearnbach, S. N., Kirby, K. M., Ramakrishnapillai, S. R., Beyl, R. A., Martin, C. K. “The effects of the form of sugar (solid vs. beverage) on body weight and neuronal activity: a 28-day randomized study.” PLoS One. 2021.
- Kirby, K., Ramakrishnapillai, S., Carmichael, O., and Van Gemmert, A. (2019) “Brain functional differences in visuo-motor task adaptation between dominant and non-dominant hand training.” Exp Brain Res. 2019.
My research interests primarily focus on the imaging side of radiotherapy applications, such as development of 4D MRI methods for accurate motion tracking, synthetic CT generation and evaluation, imaging informatics, and MRI safety in the radiation oncology environment.