Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Gonzales is committed to the safety and health of our patients and staff during the COVID – 19 situation, and always. As a member of the Mary Bird Perkins organization, we are constantly evaluating our processes and making adjustments to ensure we offer the highest quality care. Cancer never stops and we don’t either. Following are some of the measures we’ve been taking in order to provide the highest level of care.
- First and foremost, we are screening everyone who enters the building – including taking temperatures.
- We have begun calling non-essential external vendors and requesting they hold services. This will help limit exposure for our patients and staff.
- We have set up non-essential staff to work from home utilizing technology, so we are still able to continue providing social work, nutritional, survivorship and patient financial counseling remotely. Please call us at (225) 644-1205 for assistance.
- Generous volunteers are making cloth masks for our patients. Please ask a member of our staff if you would like one.
- Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center has created a “recovery team” consisting of key specialized personnel that are working from home. They have the ability to step in and maintain operations if needed.
These are just a few of the measures we are taking to protect and provide support for our patients and staff. For more information and updates on COVID-19, please click here.