Daniel K. LaVie, M.D.
Daniel K. LaVie, M.D. is a magna cum laude graduate from Louisiana State University and received the Dean’s Academic Distinction Award for the highest cumulative hour total with the highest GPA among LSU freshmen in all colleges. He earned his Medical Doctorate degree from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans before completing the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. Dr. LaVie completed his fellowship at University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Medicine and was honored Chief Fellow of the Division of Hematology/Oncology.
Dr. LaVie served is a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine and has publications in both The American Journal of Medicine and Journal of the Louisiana State Medical Society.
Dr. LaVie currently serves on the Lung Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center. He is a member of Our Lady of the Lake Physicians Group and Louisiana Hematology Oncology Associates.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Louisiana Hematology Oncology Associates
Our Lady of the Lake Physicians Group
- Experience and Training
Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
Fellowship: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Education Medical School: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.