Thoracic Surgery Clinic
The Thoracic Surgery Clinic at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center is led by Dr. Emily Cassidy. This clinic provides advanced surgical procedures for benign and malignant disorders involving the chest organs, including the lungs, esophagus, trachea and thymus. Dr. Cassidy is an established thoracic surgeon with an extensive surgical portfolio and specializes in robotic approaches and Enhanced Recovery After Surgery, which can enhance outcomes and decrease recovery time. To schedule an appointment, call (225) 215-0250.
Comprehensive Lung Cancer Program
- Our Lung Multidisciplinary Care (MDC) Team is comprised of pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists, patient navigators, nurses and other ancillary staff, the team focuses on improving patient outcomes and survival through evidenced-based care while monitoring quality to enhance the program’s growth.
- Our Mesothelioma Specialty Treatment focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of this disease and is comprised of a select group of our Lung MDC Team members.
- Our Lung Cancer Screening Clinic offers a low dose CT scan for identifying early stage lung cancers. Click here for more information about lung cancer screenings or to schedule an appointment, call (225) 230-2525.
- We offer many lung cancer clinical trials to provide the highest level of care to our patients and advance lung cancer treatment for the future.
- Learn more about lung cancer.
Our Lady of the Lake’s Respiratory Care Services covers the diagnosis and treatment of lung-related illnesses, including asthma, emphysema, bronchitis and occupational lung exposure.