Jeanette M. Kovtun, M.D.
Jeanette M. Kovtun, M.D. is a summa cum laude biology graduate of Dartmouth College. She earned her Medical Doctorate degree from Harvard Medical School, where she earned the Presidential Scholars Award for commitment to medical education and public service. Dr. Kovtun completed her internal medicine residency at University of Michigan Health System where she received the “Making a Difference Award” for excellence in clinical care. She completed the Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program at the Harvard affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Her research interests include clinical and translational oncology and she specializes in solid tumor malignancies. Dr. Kovtun has a great deal of research and teaching experience from Dartmouth College, University of Michigan, Harvard and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center where she served as an instructor at Harvard Medical School.
- Cancer Center or Physician Group Affiliations
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center
Louisiana Hematology Oncology Associates
Our Lady of the Lake Physicians Group
Breast & GYN Cancer Pavilion
- Experience and Training
Residency: University of Michigan Health System
Fellowship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Education Medical School: Harvard Medical School
- Medical Oncology
Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center (Baton Rouge): (225) 767-0847
On your first visit to any Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center location, you should bring the following with you:
- Insurance cards/information about insurance policies, Medicare/Medicaid, cancer policies
- Driver’s license or other form of picture I.D.
- List of all medications you are presently taking
- List of all doctors who are involved in your care
- List of questions you would like to ask the doctor
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your appointment time to complete admission and medical history forms.